Counseling & Behavioral Health
For A Better Life
Granite Pond offers:
- Unconditional Positive Regard
- Privacy & Discretion
- Modern, Comfortable Facilities
- Online Appointment Scheduling & Reminders
- State-of-the-Art Electronic Health Records
Courage is taking the first step toward growth and healing.
Granite Pond clinicians focus on helping individuals improve the quality of their lives through practical analysis and improvement in behavior. Often, life speeds away from us before we realize how quickly things have changed. Life is a process of personal growth and evolution, as well as a process of building and maintaining relationships with people in a world that's constantly in flux. If you're looking to develop greater insight into these concerns, counseling is a great place to start.
We focus on partnering with you to explore challenges around interpersonal relationships, spirituality, behavioral problems, sexual identity and behavior, and many other aspects of life.
In counseling, we incorporate techniques from a variety of theoretical orientations, placing an emphasis on collaboration and client-identified goals. Therapy is informed by our background in and experience with Cognitive-Behavior Therapy, Behavior Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Applied Behavior Analysis.
Sexual behavior is a complicated subject and individuals may find themselves experiencing distress about their sexual feelings or urges. Thorough assessment and behavior therapy offer an opportunity to reduce inappropriate or troubling behavior while identifying healthy sexual outlets.
Sexuality and gender identity are two separate and complex aspects of human nature. People often hope that they are black and white, but both traits can change over time and operate on a continuum. Treatment involves exploring beliefs, concerns, and behaviors in the interest of helping the client to better understand their sexual and/or gender identity and bring the core aspects of their life in line with that identity.
Life events may cause us to question our beliefs about spirituality and religion. Counselors work to help explore the root of those questions and assist in forging a path forward in life.
Inappropriate behavior in the workplace can make people feel uncomfortable, diminish morale, drive good employees away, and subject the organization to legal risk. With appropriate intervention and counseling, individuals can improve their behavior and work to foster safe, productive environments.
Grief and loss are essential parts of the human experience, but that doesn't mean that we find the process easy. Sometimes we resist processing the experience or it's too overwhelming to handle alone. Counseling provides a safe, comfortable environment to process feelings of grief and loss.
Men can experience difficulty achieving or maintaining erection at any point in life. The experience can be distressing no matter what your age or background. After a primary care physician or urologist rules out any potential physiological causes, clients engage in a course of counseling to determine underlying processes and then develop strategies to reduce symptoms and increase confidence and sexual performance.
The modern family can have many configurations, including: parents, partners, and children, who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, or intersex. Counseling, either individually or as a family can help address related issues that may arise.
The always-on nature of the internet allows people access to porn on their smart phones, tablets, and work computers. People often find themselves surfing porn instead of paying attention to their partners, families, or work tasks. Behavior therapy can help individuals reduce their reliance on pornography and re-engage in their lives.
Individual counseling happens one-on-one with a clinician. Most people meet weekly for 45 minute counseling sessions.
Diagnostic assessments like the MMPI-2-RF, MMPI-A-RF, MCMI-IV, and the MACI, help clinicians build diagnostic profiles using normed and well-researched tools.
In-depth assessment of sexual behavior, history, preference, and arousal provide a thorough picture of an individual's complex sexuality and provide critical data to monitor the effectiveness of treatment. Granite Pond is a licensed Abel Screening site (AASI-3).
Guided small-group sessions provide insight and mutual assistance for individuals working on similar issues and can serve to improve social skills as well as provide treatment maintenance after individual therapy.
Couples and Family Counseling allow people to grow and develop critical problem solving and coping skills within the family system.
fees & insurance
Insurance can be overwhelming, but don't be discouraged. Your clinician will work with you to help understand your benefits so that you can decide which strategy works to meet your specific needs.
Out-of-pocket healthcare expenses may be tax deductible, reducing the amount of taxes you owe--check with your accountant. We'll be happy to provide you with a detailed summary of your account at the end of the year to make deductions quick and easy!
- No deductible: Simply pay your copay for each session
- Deductible: Pay session fees* until deductible is met, then copay for every session thereafter
- Harvard Pilgrim
- United Behavioral Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Branded Products from any state
- Tufts Commercial Plans
- Beacon Health Strategies
- Beacon Health Options (formerly ValueOptions)
- BMC Healthnet
- Group Insurance Commission (GIC)
- Neighborhood Health Plan
- Fallon Health
- Senior Whole Health (SWH)
- *Session fee is calculated based on rates set by your insurance company
- Pay session fees* until Out-of-Network deductible is met, then pay only Out-of-Network Copay
- This category includes all insurance companies that do not offer In-Network benefits at Granite Pond
- *Session fee is calculated based on rates set by your insurance company
- Individual Counseling $150
- Initial Intake $200
- Group Counseling $75
- Family Counseling $175
- Psychological Testing (rates based on tests conducted)
- Psychosexual Assessment for Treatment $499 (includes psychological testing)
- Interactive Complexity $10
- Fees for additional services to be agreed upon at time of request.
- Pay session fee at the time of session and submit receipts to your insurance company for reimbursement according to insurance company policies
single case agreement
- Individuals have a right to reasonable treatment for their concerns by a clinician who specializes in those issues. You may call your insurance company and explain to them that you wish to pursue treatment with a Granite Pond clinician under a "Single Case Agreement." This means that they will agree to consider the Granite Pond clinician as though they were In-Network for you and you will only have to pay your copay. Granite Pond will work with the insurance company to complete the necessary paperwork.
Granite Pond clinicians bring together many years of experience and professional training to offer treatment based on current research and empirically supported approaches.
David provides couples, family, and individual treatment, for adolescents and adults with problematic behavior and/or mental health concerns.
Rick has over 25 years experience counseling adolescents and adults. He specializes in spirituality, grief, and loss.
Lauren specializes in working with individuals who have challenging behavior, Autism Spectrum Disorders (including Asperger's Syndrome), and interpersonal communication deficits. She works with adolescents and adults.
Diana specializes in working with adults and adolescents who have challenging behavior, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, women's issues, survivors of domestic violence, and related concerns.
Chris provides counseling, behavior therapy, and psychometric testing for individuals with problematic sexual behavior and related issues or concerns.